Provides fast acting and long lasting relief a hard hitting solution for all sore throats.
Strefen Honey and Lemon
Contains Flurbiprofen 8.75mg
Strefen Honey & Lemon – the only lozenges containing flurbiprofen for fast, targeted and prolonged relief
Sore throat symptoms will vary depending on the cause of the problem, the individuals’ immune response and the length of time they have been suffering. Typically, symptoms can include pain, heat, rawness, a feeling of a lump in the throat and difficulty in swallowing - all characteristics of throat inflammation6. Sore throats are commonly caused by viruses, but can also be due to bacteria or the effects of the environment7,8. If the sore throat is caused by a viral infection, other symptoms such as a blocked or runny nose, cough, headache, fever or malaise may develop. If the sore throat is due to a Streptococcus bacterial infection, other symptoms may also be present but usually not cough or runny nose7.
Sore throats can have a huge impact on our daily lives. They can leave us feeling unable to concentrate and hinder our ability to perform tasks that are part of day to day living.
Most adults will suffer from a sore throat between one and four times a year, with children suffering more7. The condition usually lasts from a couple of days up to one week. Many people are happy to self-medicate, but many will turn to a healthcare professional for advice and reassurance, such as a pharmacist or GP9. Fortunately there are a number of effective, fast-acting products with well-established safety profiles, available for people to self-select that can relieve symptoms and reduce inflammation and pain2-4..
1. Sefia E et al. Annual Scientific Meeting of the British Pain Society. Poster: Flurbiprofen lozenges rapidly reduce levels of the inflammatory mediator prostaglandin E in human respiratory cells in vitro. (2007)
2. Benrimoj SI et al. Clin Drug Invest. Efficacy and Tolerability of the Anti-inflammatory Throat Lozenges Flurbiprofen 8.75mg in the Treatment of Sore Throat. A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. (2001)21:183-193.
3. Watson N et al. Int J Clin Pract. Relief of Sore throat with the Anti-inflammatory throat lozenge Flurbiprofen 8.75mg: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of efficacy and safety. (2000) 54:490-496.
4. Blagden M et al. Int J Clin Pract. Multidose Flurbiprofen 8.75mg lozenges in the treatment of sore throat: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in UK general practice centres. (2002) 58:95-100.
5. Limb et al. Int J Clin Pract. Scintingraphy can be used to compare delivery of sore throat formulations. (2009) 63(4): 606-612
6. Marcovitch H. Blacks Medical Dictionary. (2006) 41st edition:364
7. Worrall GJ. Canadian Family Physician. Acute Sore Throats. (2007) 53:1961-1962.
8. Summers A. Accident and Emergency Nursing. Sore throats. (2005)13:15-17
9. van Driel ML et al. Annals of Family Medicine. Are Sore Throat Patients Who Hope for Antibiotics Actually Asking for Pain Relief? (2007) 4(6):494-499
Strefen Honey & Lemon: Contains Flurbiprofen BP, 8.75mg per lozenge.
Indications: Symptomatic relief of sore throat. Always read the label.